Sunday, January 31, 2010

DisneyWorld stats

We got home from DisneyWorld yesterday afternoon. We had a great time, but barely took a break. I slept almost 11 hours last night. Hopefully I can be more productive today. It's time to get back into the swing of things.

While we were gone, I paid no mind to what I was eating. I needed a break, although I'm a little scared to get on the scale now. I'm saving that for a few days from now. We ate a lot of food the first couple of days. On Sunday, we had breakfast in EPCOT; they kept refilling my glass of orange juice, and I ended up drinking way more than I normally ever would. The food was all-you-can-eat, and so I kept going. We had treats most days, at least once, sometimes twice. We ate lots of french fries. But by Wednesday, I decided to try to manage this even just a little bit, so I shared a kids meal lunch with Lila that day for lunch, and on Thursday, I got my own kids meal PB&J for lunch. That same day, I actually got a salad in the Magic Kingdom for dinner, and it was so good. But don't get me wrong—on top of those small adjustments, I still ate cake, churros, and popcorn.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some of my bodybugg stats from the days we were gone. We spent six days going to the parks, and these are the stats for those days. (The first column is calories burned; I was unable to track calories consumed while we were gone.)

1/24 2532 cals 21,988 steps 4 hrs, 2 mins activity
1/25 1978 cals 10,622 steps 1 hrs, 30 mins activity
1/26 2238 cals 17,410 steps 2 hrs, 57 mins activity
1/27 2393 cals 19,126 steps 3 hrs, 38 mins activity
1/28 2217 cals 15,478 steps 3 hrs, 19 mins activity
1/29 2436 cals 19,604 steps 3 hrs, 56 mins activity

January 24 was the day we went to EPCOT, the park with the most walking required to get around. And we were not strategic at all about where we went, so we walked a lot. I even had to carry Lila for at least a mile, if not more, at the end of the night, so that's partially why my calorie burn was so high.

January 25 was the day we did a backstage tour of the four parks, so there was a lot of standing, and sitting on a bus, so I'm not surprised that was the lowest of the days.

I'm not sure how the bodybugg calculates activity time. It must have something to do with the speed at which I'm doing things or something. I've also read that one mile equals a little more than 2000 steps, so on that first day at EPCOT, we walked about 10 miles. I can't believe we didn't think to get Lila a stroller until Wednesday. I'm impressed with her stamina to keep up.

So that's how I did on our trip. I'm certain I consumed more calories each day than I burned, but I guess that's what vacation is for. Now it's time to start it all over again.... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment