Friday, January 22, 2010

And... they're off!

Calories consumed: 1462
Calories burned: 2627
Calorie deficit: 1165

I know I said I wasn't going to count my calories for Thursday because I thought it was going to be too hard, but I tried anyway. I think my assessment is pretty accurate, but even if I'm off a bit, I had a huge calorie deficit due to my two workouts yesterday, so that helps.

This morning (Friday), even though I did Zumba last night, I got up early and walked briskly on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and then did 10 minutes of abs. I burned about 220 calories. Walking doesn't burn as much as aerobics do, but my legs were still feeling like lead balloons from Monday's personal training session, I figured I'd take it easy on my body.

Today, though, my back is killing me. Right across the middle. It's the spot that might get sore from shoveling too much snow, but I think my soreness is from these crazy ab twist things we do during Zumba. I was putting more effort into it yesterday than usual, and now I'm paying for it. Jack asked if I was going to work out tomorrow morning before we leave for DisneyWorld, and although I had been considering doing it, I decided it was time to give my mind and body a rest from all of this tracking and counting and muscle fatigue.

So this will be my last post for a week or so. We're off to Disney tomorrow. There's part of me that wants to throw caution to the wind and just enjoy myself and not place too much emphasis or thought on what I'm eating. But then there's that other part that keeps saying, "You've been working your butt off for the last three weeks and have only lost one pound. Don't you think that gaining that one pound back is going to be a piece of cake if you don't watch yourself the whole time?" So I'm torn. I guess I'm hoping that I can exercise restraint and not eat dessert at every meal, and choose healthy meals as often as possible. And I'm hoping that we're doing so much walking over the course of the next week that I will still be able to burn a lot of calories. I'll be wearing my bugg each day, so I'll have some interesting burn and step statistics to share when we get home.

See you in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment