Thursday, January 7, 2010

It gets easier

Calories consumed: 1373
Calories burned: still don't know

Wednesday was easier.

My "no nibbling" rule was easier to deal with yesterday. I guess I just wasn't as hungry during the day. However, towards the end of the day, someone made popcorn, and you could smell it all over the office. I love popcorn, so this was a problem for me. I assumed whoever made it took it to their desk to eat it. Little did I know that they left it in a bowl sitting in the kitchen for anyone to snack on. Thank goodness I didn't go into the kitchen at all prior to the end of the day or I know I would have given in to the nibbles.

I may not have had the smaller portions at dinner that I intended to have. We had leftover tilapia, and I made myself a baked potato. I was pretty stuffed at the end of the meal, which, to me, means I ate a bigger portion than I needed to. But the weird thing was that after dinner, I still had only consumed about 1000 calories for the day. I do know that if you don't eat enough calories in a day, your body will do the opposite of lose weight, and instead, hang on to those calories for dear life because it thinks its going into starvation mode.

So I ended up having that bowl of cereal around 8:30. Although it was frosted shredded wheat, I didn't count this as a sweet. A sweet to me is more about cookies, cake, pie, baked goods. And, I did refrain from the Frosted Flakes that Jack was eating. Those are almost too sweet to really consider them cereal. I made sure I measured the cereal and milk so I knew exactly how much I ate.

My workout consisted of 30 minutes of high-impact aerobics, and then 30 minutes of free weights. I was, again, really tired after this workout. I've been trying to lift heavier weights and push myself, and it's taking a toll on my body. I'm just tired.

Today, Thursday,is going to be rough. It's my day off, and I have a much harder time sticking to a good eating plan. Being at work forces me to have a routine, and I like that. At home, it's hard to have a routine, and I tend to nibble a lot. Stay tuned for how this difficult day goes for me.

1 comment:

  1. Being at work was MY downfall. I ate whatever was there, as we all well know. Being at home is better; I can actually control myself (because I can refrain from buying the bad stuff, though I am not always good at that).

    I am proud of you for doing this. Your willpower and dedication were part of the reasons I ran in the snow yesterday. I figured if you could keep track of everything you eat and show some restraint, surely I could run for 20 minutes in the snow one day this week. Because I can assure you I won't be keeping track of what I eat anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete