Thursday, January 21, 2010

My fat is like glue

Tuesday
Calories consumed: 1255
Calories burned: 1910
Calorie deficit: 638
Weight: 133

Wednesday
Calories burned: 2145
Weight: 132

We've been busy. Busy means not getting to eat the way I'd like to, and it also means not having time to write. So I'm covering a few days with one post.

On Tuesday, I was in a bad place. My weight had barely budged when I weighed-in. However, it went down a pound by Wednesday, and I was happy about that. But I know that my weight usually fluctuates up and down by one pound, so I was anxious to see what it was going to say this morning (Thursday). Sure enough, it was back up to 133. Seriously? This fat is like glue stuck to my body and it won't let go. Now I'm just getting angry.

As far as eating goes, Tuesday was good. We had to go to the funeral home on Tuesday night, as my husband's uncle had passed away. So we had very little time between work and the funeral home to eat, so we had to eat out. We opted for Subway, and that made it pretty easy to stick to eating something I can count calories for.

Wednesday was another story. All in all, though, I don't think I did too bad, considering the circumstances. Tell me what you think. I had my usual oatmeal for breakfast. We had the funeral that morning, so afterwards, there was a luncheon at the church. I had a half of a slice of ham; one chicken finger (no sauce); a small scoop of green beans which I'm sure were laden with butter; a small scoop of parsley potatoes which I'm sure were laden with butter, too (and when I say small, I mean about 1/4 of a cup, a 1/2 cup at the most); a small scoop of pasta; and a very small salad with maybe 1 tablespoon of Italian dressing (not creamy). They had homemade cakes, too, so I split a small piece of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (this is the kind that would have been in a 13x9 pan) with Jack. It was only three bites worth. I skipped the bread and buns and sandwiches.

For dinner, we ended up eating out at Bravo. Now I know I've talked about how much I hate going to dinner because of the large portions and fattening preparations. And while that is all true, sometimes going to dinner just can't be avoided. So I tried to make the best choices that I could. I got a chopped salad with Italian dressing. It had feta cheese on it, and while cheese can be fattening in large portions, it also has calcium, which my diet lacks, so I was ok with this. I used only 1/2 the dressing that they brought out. For my meal, I opted for the appetizer called Flatbread Roma. It was a very thin flatbread with a little bit of sauce and cheese and topped with roasted tomatoes and basil. I can't find Bravo nutritional information online (which is never a good thing), so I have to hope that I chose well. It had to have been one of the best choices on the menu since the bread was so slim. I did splurge and have one of their pieces of warm bread that they bring to the table, and after dinner, we stopped at Panera and Lila and I split a cinnamon roll.

So sure, it wasn't the best day. I ate a lot of non-diety foods. But seriously, I didn't pig out, and I think I controlled my portions well. Maybe I'm just kidding myself and I really suck at this "making good choices" thing, because I was very dismayed when I woke up this morning and weighed in at 133 again.

And it's not like I'm not working out. I am. Now, granted, on Tuesday I skipped the workout, but that was in part because I had just done personal training the evening before, and also I was so tired, I again opted for sleep. But I did work out on Wednesday morning and burned about 250 or so calories doing it. I wish I could calculate my calories consumed for yesterday to see how close, or over, I came to my burn of 2145 for the day. Is it possible that I ate more than that yesterday? Seems unlikely, but who knows.

So here I am on Thursday now. Still at 133. Worked out this morning and burned about 340 calories, and I'm going to Zumba tonight and will burn another 400. I'm not counting my calories today because it's next to impossible. I had lunch at my mother-in-laws, and there's no way to know how she prepares her food. I guess I could try and see where I land, but I guess I'm feeling like, for all the extra calories I'm burning today, it shouldn't matter.

Oh well, maybe I should just pretend vacation started yesterday and not worry about this stuff until I get back from DisneyWorld.

No comments:

Post a Comment