Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How did it go?

Calories consumed: 1350
Calories burned: I don't know; bodybugg hasn't arrived yet

Tuesday was a rough day.

I didn't work out because I had gone to a personal training session late Monday night, and I was pretty tired, and a bit sore, Tuesday morning.

I did stick to my three goals, but it was hard. No nibbling, no sweets, and small portions.

For some reason, I was starving throughout the entire afternoon. I ate good-for-me snacks (almonds, dried apricots, yogurt), but I really, really wanted a piece of cake (thanks to my friend, Bill, who brought in goodies to work). And then upon arrival at home, my mom had thankfully prepared dinner for us (she was home watching the kid that day), so I didn't have to wait long to eat. But that 15 to 20 minute interval from arriving at home until dinner is actually on the table is my worst time of day. I'm usually pretty hungry, and am willing to sabotage any good intentions by just grabbing at the first thing I see.... a cookie, a handful of Sun Chips, Cheez-Its, a cupcake. It's always a carb of some sort that I crave during that period of time. But, alas, I prevailed yesterday and didn't give in.

We had fish, couscous, and mixed vegetables for dinner. It was all very good, but I could have eaten twice as much as I did, but I refrained and stuck to my "small portions" goal. I ended up eating a snack bag of low-fat microwave popcorn around 9:00, but I stuck to a low caloric intake for the day, so I figured this snack was permissible.

One thing I struggle with a lot is the night time snacking. I never used to do this. But Jack does it. And when we're both sitting around watching TV, and he gets up to have a snack, my willpower to stick to my diet is just sucked right out of me. Whatever he's having, I want. A bowl of cereal, a few cookies and milk...you name it, I want it. So last night, he had cereal, which I was dying to have (Honey Bunches of Oats—it's good stuff!), but the popcorn satisfied me enough, thank goodness. If I had started on the cereal, I wouldn't have been able to stop. One bowl would have turned into three.

Overall, I'm calling the day was a success, but I was more hungry than I would like to be. But to consume more food means consuming more calories, unless I'm willing to munch on celery and carrots, which, right now, I'm not. So until tomorrow, happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment