Sunday, January 10, 2010

Uh-oh!

Calories consumed: 775 after lunch, I have no idea for dinner
Calories burned: a lot, I think

Well, I knew this would happen. I'm sad to say that today was not a good day for sticking to my goals. Although, I like my friend, Jenny's, suggestion of a diet plan she's read about. It's called the "S" diet and the basic idea is that you don't eat snacks, sweets, or seconds except on Saturdays and Sundays. I think I've said this before; I don't have much trouble sticking to my plan on days I go to work. Somehow, the routine of it all keeps me in line. Weekends are so hard. I think I employ the S diet unintentionally on a regular basis.

At least my workout was good today. I did an hour of Zumba (latin-style aerobic dancing), plus another 20 minutes of upper body strength and abs work.

Breakfast was good. I stuck to my oatmeal and blueberries. I like this breakfast because it sticks with me. I could eat the same amount of calories in a bowl of cereal and be starving by 10 am. But oatmeal lasts a bit longer.

For lunch, we had NOTHING in the house, so we ran down to the Italian market that is close by. I picked up some lean ham deli meat, and it was the best deli meat I've ever had. We got some fresh Italian bread, too, and I came home and made a sandwich with low fat cheddar and ham. But, being at an Italian market with fresh baked goods, we each picked out a treat, and yup, I ate it after lunch. It was a soft peanut butter cookie. It was so good, after having not eaten anything sweet for a week. So now I'm talking myself into how "not bad" this was, considering I only ate one, and I hadn't had sweets for the prior 5 days.

Now off to dinner at my mom's. Homemade ravioli, garlic bread, salad, green beans, and a very small piece of chicken (about 3 bites, I'd say). And of course, dessert. So I'm sure that I busted my "small portions" rule, and I'm certain I busted my "no sweets" rule. At least I didn't nibble.

But today is another day, and I'm going to start over. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment