Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's a new day

Calories consumed: 1475
Calories burned: 2561
Calorie deficit: 1086

Yesterday was a new day, a new start, with renewed determination. I weighed myself yesterday morning, fearful of what the number was going to be after having spent a week in DisneyWorld, not paying any attention to what I was shoving into my mouth. I stepped on with great trepidation, closed my eyes, and looked down to see 133 pounds! I was ecstatic! I had been weighing in at 133 for several days prior to vacation, and on the day we left, weighed in at 132. As I've said, I never really believe that I've gone down a pound until I see it consistently down for several days. So the fact that I weighed in at 133 yesterday, to me, meant that I pretty much maintained my weight while I was gone. So yay to me!

I glided back into my three eating goals pretty easily yesterday. I had no sweets, and I kept my portions reasonable. I did slip a little on the nibbling by having two dried apricots, a few raisins (and when I say "few", I mean like three), and a few peanuts. But knowing that I was going to have a decent deficit yesterday, I was ok with this minor splurge.

I ended up working out twice yesterday, burning about 300 calories in each session. In the morning, I did a 30 minute high-impact aerobic routine, followed by a 10-minute ab routine. Then last night, I had an hour-long session with my personal trainer. She kicks my butt every time, but it's awesome. I push myself so much harder during that session than I ever would at home by myself. And I believe it's paying off. Although my scale is not budging much since I started the personal training, I think that my pants are looser. Heather took my measurements back in December, and I'm now curious to see if they've changed at all. How long does it take for measurements to change?

I also think I'm going to buy a new scale. The one I have is digital, but it doesn't even measure in decimals. I found one that Consumer Reports recommends that does all the fancy stuff, like measures body fat, can store information for two users, etc. Since getting healthy is about more than just your weight, I figured this would be a good use of $60. I'll let you know if it's any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment