Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mmmm, cookies

Calories consumed: 1426
Calories burned: 2110
Calorie deficit: 684

These were my stats from yesterday (Tuesday). It was a pretty good day overall. I worked out in the morning by doing a 20 minute cardio DVD (Turbo Jam), followed by a 20 minute ab routine. I tried to take it easy a little bit since I had worked out pretty hard the day before.

I steered clear of sweets for the day, which was amazing, considering that I baked cookies last night. I ended up chewing gum the whole time I was baking the cookies to keep me from being tempted to eat cookie dough, or even the finished product, which were piping hot peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies, one of my favorites! My meals went well—even dinner, which I didn't prepare, wasn't too bad. We went to my mom's for dinner where she had made us chili (is that how you spell it? Spellcheck didn't like it with two l's, even though that's how I thought it was spelled), rice, and cornbread. But by keeping my portion sizes in check, I was able to stay within my calorie target for the day.

Tuesday night was the season premiere of Lost, so we stayed up until after 11:00 watching it. This, in turn, meant that I wouldn't be waking up early to work out, which meant I probably wasn't going to have time to fit in a workout today (Wednesday). And of all days, this was a bad one to not work out. I really needed all the calories I could burn because I didn't do well on my diet for the day. I took those cookies into work today that I made last night, and had three of them at lunch time (88 calories each!). Then for dinner, we had leftovers from Sunday when my mom prepared dinner for us, since that was our first day back from vacation. We had a roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli, and biscuits. Having not prepared the meal, I really have no idea how to count the calories for what I ate. I mean, I could guess, but it wouldn't be accurate. Did she put more or less butter in the potatoes than I would account for? What kind of meat did she use for the roast? Top round? Bottom round? Top sirloin? They all have different calorie counts. So for today, I've decided not to count calories. But I really, really wish I had worked out. I guess I'll be doing my 500 calorie workout tomorrow, and with my bodybugg, finally figuring out if I really burn 500 calories doing it. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment