Friday, February 12, 2010

Let's hear it for small victories

Calories consumed: 2021
Calories burned: 2697
Calorie deficit: 676

I burned a lot of calories yesterday. The most frustrating part about that, though, is that for all that hard work, I couldn't keep my cravings at bay. Had I kept to 1500 calories consumed for the day, I would have been another 500 calories ahead of the game. That would have made up for my splurge on Tuesday. But as it stands, I splurged a bit yesterday, too, so I'm still not out of the woods yet for staying on track this week. And that's just to stay on track for the week and lose one pound. I still need to try to find a way to make up the other two pounds I still need to lose to stay on track with my goal of losing 10 pounds by March 21.

I worked out yesterday morning when I got up. I did a 40 minute Kathy Smith kickboxing workout. I have this workout on VHS, believe it or not. Thank goodness my VCR still works and the tape hasn't been ruined. I really like this workout. It burns a lot of calories, and it's fun. After that, I did a 13 minute stability ball ab routine. I burned over 300 calories with this combo.

Later that evening, I had a personal training session where I burned another 250 calories or so. It was a tough session, as they always are, but I love pushing myself. I know that it's paying off, and it's fun. I love the girls that I do training with.

My meals, though, left much to be desired. I had cereal and milk for breakfast, and skipped my morning snack, unless you count the cup of hot chocolate that I got from the coffee shop and split with Lila. For lunch, we had grilled ham and cheese paninis (light cheese, mind you). But after lunch, I had a cookie (100 calories in one cookie... drat!). And then we put together Lila's Valentine's Day treat bags for her friends at school. We bought a bag of mini peanut butter cups and mini Kit Kats—two of my favorite treats! So, I had three peanut butter ups and two Kit Kats. This was about 250 calories. It was good, but what a waste! And then after dinner (chicken quesedillas), I had a few fruit-flavored Mentos. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

So if you were wondering what I wish I hadn't eaten yesterday, it would have been the chocolate, the cookie, and the Mentos. Why did I give in? Well, I did start my monthly cycle yesterday, and that always comes with the need for sugar, especially chocolate. But really, why did I sabotage my diet yet again? I don't understand why I can't control this, and why the sugar always seems to control me.

I did have one minor victory yesterday, though. I found a new recipe for chocolate chocolate-chip cookies, and I really wanted to bake them yesterday. As hard as it was to resist, I didn't bake. I focused my time and energy on other things, and forgot all about it. So yay me! I'll take any small victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment