Monday, February 15, 2010

Not too shabby

Calories consumed: 1470+
Calories burned: 2190
Calorie deficit: 720-

On paper, my day looks good. Yesterday, I decided to try to eat what was on my bodybugg meal plan for the day. I started the day with 2 cups of oatmeal! I've never eaten that much oatmeal in one sitting before. It was a lot. But there was no morning snack planned, so that worked out well. It sustained me all morning.

Lunch was an apple, a meal-replacement bar, and a glass of milk. Surprisingly, this was plenty of food, and I felt satisfied after my meal.

For dinner, I veered off-course and made a Weight Watchers pasta dinner recipe, served with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. Shockingly, it was only 400 calories or so for my meal, which was very delicious and satisfying.

But here's where I not only veered off-course—I just about crashed and burned. I made cookies yesterday for a friend at work, who's birthday is today. It was a new recipe I hadn't tried yet; they're called Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies. Well, the minute I opened up the chips, I had to taste them. And then a few more. Then I made the batter, and when I was done, I had to eat what was left on the beater. Then as I was spooning the cookies onto the pans, I left some batter in the bowl, which I had to eat. I did at least count the two cookies I think I ate worth of batter, plus the 1/2 cookie I ate once they were done. But I didn't count the chocolate chips I ate. It wasn't much, maybe 50 calories worth, but I forgot to count it.

Then, after dinner, we went to my brother's house to celebrate his birthday. My sister-in-law made this fantastic apple crisp (Grant doesn't like cake, or anything that isn't wholesome and pure, as he has many food allergies, and is a health nut), served with Breyer's all natural vanilla ice cream (one of my favorites). Fortunately, I don't think there was any fat in the recipe, and I bet even the sugar was at a minimum, but I still had 1-1/2 servings, plus at least 1/2 cup of ice cream, none of which I counted. So when I say my calories consumed were 1470+, that + accounts for the chocolate chips, apple crisp, and ice cream I failed to count. Which means that my deficit of 720 was less than 720.

But all in all, I can't complain too much about the day. I was shocked at the end of the day to see that my calorie burn was 2190. I didn't work out yesterday, so I'm not sure what I did that burned that much off, but I'm grateful to have had a good burn day without even really trying. It made the chocolate splurge a little more bearable.

And then this morning, I weighed in, and I was down a pound from last week. So that's good, too. My old scale weighed me in at 131, and my new scale was 131.8. I'm calling it 131 for now, because that makes me feel better. And one last positive note, when I saw my brother last night, he said it looked like I've lost weight. That TOTALLY made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment