Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crap I ate today

I'll write more about my progress tomorrow, but today I thought I'd try something new. In the last two weeks, I've found myself continuously eating things I shouldn't be eating, and there's no way I'm going to lose weight, or even maintain this new weight, if I don't get my act together. So I thought that maybe if I admitted to what I ate that was bad for me, as well as say "yay!" for what I ate that was good for me, maybe it will help me stop eating the crap.

What I ate today that I shouldn't have:
-1/2 of a small raisin bagel with less than a tablespoon of cream cheese
-glazed donut with chocolate frosting
-slice of pound cake (which I consumed in three different visits to the kitchen at work)
-1/4 of a nice-sized chocolate chocolate-chip cookie
-1/4 of a nice-sized snickerdoodle
-1 pretzel rod
-a few spoonfuls of spanish rice flavored Rice-A-Roni that I ate while standing over the stove after dinner (this was more like sneaking)

What I ate today that was good for me:
-1 banana
-1 apple
-1 six ounce container of Greek nonfat plain yogurt with 2 packs of Splenda
-1 slice of light whole wheat toast with 2 oz. of deli turkey, no condiment
-1 mixed green salad with shredded carrots and grape tomatoes, and 2 Tbsp. light dressing
-2 pork tacos on corn tortillas (recipe came from Cooking Light)

(UPDATE: After I posted this blog last night, I also ate another banana, and this Nature Valley Granola Thin thingy. I consider both to be on the "good" list. The granola thin only has a 2 PointsPlus value, and that's pretty good for a non-Weight Watchers branded snack [the WW snacks are mostly 2 points as well]. It might be worth of being on the "bad" list, only because I had already had enough bad stuff, I really shouldn't have indulged my craving.)

Granted, when you look at the things I put in the "bad" category, you might not think they're all that bad. But when you're really trying to lose weight, they are the things I should stay away from. The rice, while seemingly innocent, counts as a lot of Weight Watchers Points Plus, so it's not worth it. Not to mention, it's processed, and although not consciously, I like that Weight Watchers has helped me to eat much less processed food. So it's in the "bad" category because it's high in points, and because it's processed.

Is this normal? Do you eat like this? I mean, in all honesty, on a normal day when I'm not trying to watch what I eat so closely, this is pretty normal for me. But maybe that's my problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment