Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crap I ate today, Easter edition

As promised, here is my Easter edition of Crap I Ate Today. Amazingly, this totaled (well, as close as I could estimate) about 62 PointsPlus today. I'm only supposed to have 29 PointsPlus per day. I've used those up, and then some, and I've only got 1 weekly PointPlus left. That's not good. Anyway, let's get down to the details.

Breakfast
1 serving of Cheerios with about 7 oz. of skim milk
1 banana

Brunch
1 yogurt parfait (homemade with about 5 oz. total of strawberry and vanilla yogurt, a few teaspoons of granola, and diced strawberries)
1 oatmeal and nutmeg scone (homemade)
1 tsp. of light butter
1 serving of egg, hash brown, and sausage casserole
1 serving of roasted red potatoes (drizzled with olive oil and onion soup mix)
3 oz. ham, trimmed

Snacks/Dessert
4 malted milk balls
6 gummie bunnies
10 M&Ms
1/10th of my homemade strawberry pie
1/20th of my homemade apple pie

Dinner
1 bun
1.3 oz. deli ham
1 slice of light provolone cheese

In all honesty, I wasn't even hungry for dinner. I'm not sure why I ate. I think I felt like I should, just because I knew I'd be hungry later if I didn't eat it then. Was that smart? I don't know. Maybe if I had waited, I would have eaten much lighter. I know that doesn't make sense, but I think it's true. There's a sense of pressure I felt to join hubby and daughter while they both ate. I wanted to join them. Had I waited, and made my own decision later, I bet I wouldn't have eaten, or definitely would have eaten something else that was worth less points. That bun alone was 5 points. Sheesh!

So did you do well today, or did you, too, give in to all the candy and delicious food that was served to you? I'm glad I tracked it, but man, why couldn't I have displayed some self-constraint? I actually went into the day thinking I would only eat a 1/2 serving of each dish at brunch. But that didn't work out so well. I gave in to the temptation of all that good food in front of me. I didn't want to care today. Did you care?

No comments:

Post a Comment