Thursday, February 3, 2011

And everything is good again

Up and down, up and down. I feel like that's the way my emotions run, as well as the number on my scale, week after week. Today, everything is good again. Last week, I weighed in at 135 pounds. Today, I weighed in at 134. One pound is progress in my book. I'm very, very happy.

Last Thursday, I decided to join Weight Watchers again. A close friend of mine joined as well, so we're able to go to meetings together, which I LOVE. It's great to have an excuse that forces you to make time for your friends, because I know, as I'm sure you know, too, how hard it is to find the time to just hang out with your best gal pals these days.

Anyway, the new Weight Watchers Points Plus plan is really rather nice. No longer do you count points for fruits, and most vegetables. You know how you're supposed to eat a bunch of fruits and vegetables each day? The only way I think I can accomplish that is to plan my meals, and plan when I'm going to fit those foods into my routine. This made me realize that I need to be eating fruit or vegetables at EVERY meal, including snacks, in order to fit them in. But since they don't cost me any points, I'm not afraid to scarf down the huge apple, or the banana I may have never eaten before. So how can an eating plan be bad that gives you no reason to not eat all of that good, wholesome stuff? Of course, it would be better if I could also eat the jumbo cookies I've been baking for some taste tests, but I understand that empty calories will get me nowhere. I'm just trying to be good and not be tempted. It's very, very hard.

So my eating this past week has been pretty normal, aside from the fact that I'm now counting all of my points, and using the Weight Watchers online tools. I haven't had to change much of what I was doing, except cut out the crap.... the cookies, mostly. And I lost one pound. If I can continue to lose one pound a week, while eating all the stuff I love anyway, I'll be very, very happy. I think this is why Weight Watchers worked for me before. I definitely don't feel like I'm depriving myself in the least!

So how about my workouts, you ask? They've been coming along just fine. I'm still focusing on the Brazil Butt Lift program, but supplementing that with Zumba on Saturdays in lieu of BBL. I haven't remeasured myself yet. I'm waiting to lose some weight first, then see if my butt has shrunk at all. The workouts are good ones, and I feel good after doing them, especially the ones that really target my lower half. I've been good about keeping up with 6 days/week workouts, about 60 minutes each. Some mornings I just want to stay in bed, but then I picture my ugly naked thighs, and I spring out of bed and head to the basement.

I have a Weight Watchers meeting this evening. I'm glad I'm doing the meetings this time around. The leader for this meeting time is really motivating and I enjoyed going last week. She's very interactive with the group, and I think that makes me want to stick to my plan even more, as you hear what others are up to.

So that's it for this week. If you're on your own weight loss plan, I hope it's going well for you. Remember, any loss counts as a loss. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment