Thursday, February 17, 2011

Satisfied

The last few weeks on the new Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan has been very successful, and although I didn't lose any weight this last week (today was weigh-in day), I'm very satisfied with my progress.

For the last 7 days, I've maintained my weight loss at 131.6 pounds. I started this journey at the beginning of this year weighing in at 136 (I think I'm remembering that correctly). It is amazing how just a few pounds can really make a difference in the way I feel, and the way that I think I look. It's motivation in and of itself, and even though I didn't lose anything this past week, I'm still motivated to keep going. I'm thrilled.

At last week's weigh-in, I had lost about 2.5 pounds from the week before. I was astonished by this because during that week before weigh-in, we had a Super Bowl get-together with my in-laws. While I did make a recipe from a Cooking Light cookbook, I still had roasted potatoes with olive oil, plus Doritos and Chex Mix that I couldn't pass up. For Super Bowl party desserts, I usually make chocolate fondue, but I knew that I would easily go way overboard with that, so instead I just made cookies. I think I ended up only eating two, so that was much more controllable than ladles of melted chocolate would have been. Anyway, even after that splurge that day, I still managed to lose 2.5 pounds.

However, I wasn't convinced that was real. I figured that when I finally weighed in this week, I would either not see a change, or maybe even see a gain. Fortunately, I remained the same, which is astonishing if you knew what I ate on Sunday. Want to know? Let me give you the rundown. I had my usual bowl of Cheerios for breakfast, with a banana. No biggie. I had a baby shower to attend at lunch, which was at an Italian restaurant. The food was really good, and although not terribly horrible for me, I ate more than I needed to. I had a bowl of wedding soup, and my entree. The entree was a salad with a piece of baked chicken breast on it. Not too bad, right? Well, there was a small scoop of pasta salad in the bowl as well (which had pasta and cheese in a light dressing), and two fabulous pieces of toasted baguette with a tomato slice and melted cheese on top. I left those until the end, thinking I wouldn't eat them, but I did. Then I thought I'd just eat one, but then I ate the other. I'm such a wimp. But it was good. For dessert, they had a cookie tray, and I had two small cookies. But then they brought out cake, and I ate that, too!

So as if that weren't bad enough, we had my niece and her boyfriend over for dinner that night. Our meal consisted of lasagna (which wouldn't have been bad had I not eaten what I did for lunch), salad, and bread (but I refrained from having any bread.... yay, me!). But it was the dessert that was the kicker. I made them tiramisu. I made it on Saturday, so even on Saturday, I was sampling the mascarpone filling as I was spreading it over the ladyfingers, which I also sampled on Saturday. Then on Sunday as I was dishing it out, I had one small piece (9 PointsPlus). But it was so good, I had to have another. Ugh! What was wrong with me? Then on top of that, I had to lick the spoon after I was done dishing it out, not once, but twice (first time after the first serving, lick spoon, put in dishwasher.... second time after the second serving, lick spoon, put in dishwasher). I knew in that moment that I would be lucky if I didn't gain any weight this week.

To top it all off, while I'm usually really good about watching my PointsPlus during the week when our routine is predictable, I splurged last night. I went to Zumba at 7:15 pm. I don't usually work out in the evenings, but I had an early dinner, and knew I had time to fit it in. But working out late makes me hungry. I came home and had several small bowls of cereal. I knew for sure that my weigh-in today would not show a loss. But I'm ok with that. I'm grateful that even after all that crazy eating, I didn't gain anything.

My workouts have been good. I did the Brazil Butt Lift workout plan for 5 weeks, and decided that before I move on to the next 4-week plan with that workout, I would give myself a break and go back to some of my old favorites. So this past week, I did some TurboJam and Firm workouts, plus a Kathy Smith workout, and Zumba. I think I burn more calories with those cardio routines than I do with the BBL, but I think the BBL is really great at lower-body toning. So this week, I've been doing a little bit of both... old cardio workouts, plus the BBL toning workouts. I think it's working out ok.

So that's it for this week. I hope to continue to have good news for you in the weeks to come. I feel pretty confident that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment