Friday, January 21, 2011

This is not going well

I weighed in on Wednesday, and I was up one pound from the week before. I guess it's possible that my three pound loss wasn't really a three pound loss, and that some of that was water weight or something. In other words, maybe this one pound gain was really just a normal fluctuation in weight based on all the weird factors that make your weight fluctuate on a daily basis. I'm trying not to dwell on it. The thing that threw me, though, was that my body fat was up to 30%. Normally my scale has my body fat ranging anywhere from 26% to 29%. It's never been higher than 29%, until Wednesday, which doesn't make any sense to me, considering how hard it feels like I've been working my muscles. I don't understand any of this.

Now as far as my workouts go, things are going well. I've been following my Bikini Butt Lift program every day, doing the prescribed workouts for my butt shape. They're not easy, and I'm hoping that the soreness that I often feel is producing good results—that my body shape is actually changing. But I know that if I don't lose the fat, the difference will never ben noticable, so I've got to get this eating thing in check.

When I'm at work, everything just seems to go so smoothly. It's easy for me to resist the junk food, although it's hard for me to resist the baked goods that appear often on Wednesday mornings, so I just try to not go into the kitchen on those days. But I'm starting to crave sugar, and it's driving me nuts. I did so well those first two weeks, but then once I caved last weekend and had some sugar, I'm now finding that it's harder and harder to resist. Also, I keep baking. I love to bake. I need to bake, as I try to find new recipes that I can make for my customers. But trying new recipes means tasting them, too, and that's where my problem is. I can't leave well enough alone at just one bite. I have to eat the whole cookie, or the whole biscotti, or a whole piece of cake, or worse yet, two or three of those things.

So, I've decided to go back to the thing that worked best for me—Weight Watchers. A good friend of mine recently joined, and we could attend meetings together. There's something very appealing about that to me. I think it will be good to be paying for my attempt at weight loss, as it may help keep me motivated, plus I think it will be good to attend meetings and be accountable to the group, and to my weight loss buddy. And Weight Watchers has recently changed their points system. Fruits and vegetables are now 0 points (at least for the non-starchy ones). And the points value of various foods now takes into consideration the healthfulness of the food, so the healthier things count for less points. This all sounds very promising, and I'm really excited to get back at it. I'm tired of saying that I want to lose these 10 pounds. And this time I have to lose it, and learn to keep it off. I don't want to be back here again next winter.

I think my first meeting will be in a week, so I'll let you know how that goes. Until then, stay healthy, eat healthy, and exercise. I think that's my new motto. I hope it's yours, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment