Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why, oh why!?!

Today stunk.

I went to Zumba this morning, so at least I got in a good, 400-calorie burn. But my food choices today were the pits!

The day started out ok. Not great, but not bad. I made French toast for breakfast. Normally, I use fresh Italian bread, and I can usually eat a good 4 or 5 pieces. I know, that sounds like a lot, huh? It is so good, though, I usually don't care, and just eat until I'm super full. Well, today I made two pieces with low-calorie whole wheat bread, and I only ate those two pieces, plus one egg. I felt like I really should have added the protein in there. I think it was the right thing to do.

At lunch time, I had an apple, plus a roast beef sandwich (2 oz. roast beef, plus one slice of low-fat swiss cheese) on two slices of that same low-calorie whole wheat bread. I also think I ate a cookie after lunch that was about 130 calories. And I had a snack in the afternoon that consisted of Fage non-fat Greek yogurt, with a small amount of dried fruit in it, plus a few almonds.

It was after that that it all went downhill. I decided to make scones. I've never made them before, and I've been trying out some new recipes for my baking business, and it just seemed like a good day for baking. Of course when they were done, I ate one of the smaller ones. But then I ate half of another. I didn't need any of that. But I ate them anyway.

In the meantime, I also had decided to bake some bread (wheat bread) using my mom's bread machine that I borrowed a few months back. Of course when that was done, I had to have a slice with butter on it (low calorie butter made with canola oil).

When dinnertime came, I wasn't even hungry. Jack, Lila, and I each ate our own dinner when we became hungry. I ended up having two slices of leftover pizza I made the other day (whole wheat Boboli crust, sliced tomatoes, low-fat mozzarella).

Then, to top it off, Jack had a bowl of cereal later in the evening. I wasn't even hungry, but was craving something sweet, so I snacked on dry cereal. More than I needed to. I finished the box. Oh, and I can't forget the several handfuls of caramel corn I ate while sitting on the couch watching the football game.

It was a total carb-overload day. And now I hate myself for it. And I'm paying the price with heartburn. But I just couldn't bring myself to eat another salad today... at least not one of my own. And we didn't have much protein in the house that was quick and easy to eat, aside from the roast beef I finished at lunch.

I just made terrible choices. I hope that this doesn't derail any weight loss I might have had this week. I'm hoping that I can once again get on that wagon tomorrow, and get right back to it. I can't let these kind of slip-ups get me down. I have to be doing some good with what I'm doing right most of the days of the week, right?

I sure hope so. We'll see what the scale says on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment