Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I was a little worried

I have no statistics to share with you this week. I couldn't count calories over the long weekend, so my bodybugg stats are out of whack for this week. I can tell you, though, that on average, I burned 2391 calories per day. For the most part, on days when I'm counting calories, my intake is around 1400. But I'm certain that over that long weekend, I was probably consuming about as much as I was burning. This is why I was worried. Well, not too worried, but worried a bit. I was prepared to get on the scale this morning, and have it read the same as last week (130.6 pounds). I figured it was impossible for me to have lost weight this past week. But much to my surprise, and total happiness, I was down 1.2 pounds to 129.4. So my total weight loss since May 5 is now 6.2 pounds.

It's been a nice couple of days, too. I've had several people comment on how thin I look, including my mom, which is unusual (although I'm sure her tone of voice was more, "you're too thin, you need to eat something"). I totally appreciate these comments, and they mean a lot. But it is amazing how what we wear can make a huge difference in how we look. Personally, if you saw me naked, I don't think you'd be saying that I looked thin. I mean, not that I look fat. I think I look normal, but certainly not thin. But maybe my view of what "thin" looks like is just distorted.

At any rate, I'm sailing along happily with my new eating plan. I've been successful, and that makes all the difference in the world. It keeps me motivated to stick with it. At this rate, I will reach my goal by the end of June. And I think at that time, I can switch back to my New Year's Resolutions to maintain my weight... small portions, no nibbling, and no sweets. Now, I may not be as strict on the nibbling and sweets, but I really need to be careful and not overdo it, because it is so easy for me to stop paying attention and just eat whatever I want. But all of those cookies and desserts I make.... cookies have at least 100 calories each, and the desserts are typically about 400 calories per piece (slice of pie, etc.). Now that I know that, I think I can control myself a little bit better.

Stay tuned. I hope to have continued success that I can share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment