Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The saga continues

Average daily calorie burn over the last two weeks: 2025

Boy, have I let you down, my faithful readers—it's been a long time since my last post. For those of you still interested in what's been going on in my exercise and diet life, I shall bore you with the details. And thank you for caring enough to read.

In all honesty, the details of my diet and exercise plan for the last two weeks has been a blur. Exercising for me is fun, and I love to do it, and I'm pretty consistent with it, so the details don't really stand out in my head. I've gone to personal training each week, and I've been doing various routines at home. I tried a yoga DVD, which I liked, but I get frustrated by yoga knowing that it burns so few calories. It was a 45 minute workout, and I burned maybe 170 calories. I can burn almost twice as much as that with other 45 minute workouts, so I struggle with a commitment to yoga. I've done some outdoor walking, too, which was phenomenal. It's so awesome to get outside and breathe in that fresh air and warm sun. It's still pretty dark in the mornings around here, so I haven't gone for a morning walk/jog yet, but am planning to do so soon. I usually don't let the dark get in my way; this is more just a matter of getting back into that routine. Winter has left me too used to indoor workouts.

I'm considering ending my sessions with the personal trainer. I love going, but with my new endeavor (keep reading for more on that), I'm short on time, even more than usual; plus it's expensive, and since I'm not really watching what I eat, I'm not really getting the full benefit of personal training. So it may be time to stop.

My diet (and when I say "diet", I am referring to the way I eat, not a specific weight-loss program) has been a mess. First of all, let me mention that I'm embarking on starting a business where I sell my baked goods at a local farmer's market. I love to bake, and my goodies usually get rave reviews, so I figured why not try to make some money off of that. Well, it's a lot of work to get this rolling, and in addition, has inspired me to try new recipes and ideas, which, in turn, causes me to taste test everything I bake. Taste-testing a wide variety of baked goods practically every other day is not good for my waistline. So this endeavor will now challenge my willpower, and if I don't want to grow to be twice my size, I will need to figure out how to take a bite of a finished product to test its flavor and texture, as opposed to eating the whole thing or multiple servings.

So I've eaten a lot of sugary foods over the last two weeks, and that can't be good. And while I'm eating it, I'm loving it, but as soon as I'm done, I regret it terribly. And then I just want to work out so I can work it off. But I don't have the time for that kind of lifestyle. I barely have enough time to fit in the workouts that I do, let alone find time to fit in extra ones to work off the crap I put into my mouth.

And then on top of the sugary foods, we've eaten out much more than usual over the last two weeks. I'm not sure what that's all about, but that has to stop, too. It's expensive, not to mention fattening. I try to make good selections, but even the good selections, most of the time, are still not good for you when you eat out.

One day last week, I did weigh in at 131. I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll take it. But of course, I got on a few days later, and I was back up to 133. I'm slowly weaning myself from the habit of weighing in daily. I have found that it frustrates me more than it motivates me.

So my saga continues. In my dream world, I would still like to lose some weight, and get down to around 125 pounds. But I feel like I've tried so many different eating plans lately, and none of them have worked, nor have I been able to stick with them, I'm not really sure how I'll ever lose any more weight again. And I hate to be that pessimistic. I keep reminding myself that I was successful at this once, losing 15 pounds on Weight Watchers. But even that program, when I've gone back to try it again, has failed me. I'm still just so burned out on tracking everything. Ideally, I would find a way to eat enough calories to fuel my body while still maintaining a calorie deficit, and know what that amount of food is without tracking it. Wish me luck in finding that magic method that finally works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment